This list is not a typical statement for my blog owing to the fact that it normally concerns sacred art and catechesis; however, I felt I needed to compose and share it with you. My original points were posted on November 1, 2020. I revised the title, from “National Suicide” to “The Suicide of a Nation.” I also have added a few additional comments.
- Any nation that allows and supports the destruction of established truth for the sake of educational indoctrination, political expediency and partisanship is on the road to national suicide.
- Any nation that supports, allows, or turns a blind eye to destructive and prejudiced mobs, some of which have the specific desire to destroy the political, economic, and religious systems, is on the road to national suicide.
- Any nation, wherever in the world, that supports the killing of its unborn (as of today, 62 million worldwide deaths), ignores the worship of God, profanes His name and laws, and refuses to accept that the family is the cornerstone of society is on the road to national suicide.
- Any nation that allows the abuse of children and deprives its citizens the opportunities to improve their plight through unbiased education and hard-work is on the road to national suicide.
- Any nation that ignores and discriminates against its poor and culturally indigenous people is on the road to national suicide.
- Any nation that ignores its established historical citizenry to then welcome and support individual immigrants that have no desire to assimilate into the nation’s established political, economic, and historical culture, is on the road to national suicide.
- Any nation that prevents its citizens from receiving appropriate health care, that is efficient and economically fair, is on the road to national suicide.
- Any nation that allows its citizens to discriminate and attack its own history or an individual’s religious, ancestral, and national history is on the road to national suicide.
- Any nation that allows its national press, except for its editorials, to become instruments of propaganda rather than truthful news dissemination is on the road to national suicide.
- Any nation that ignores or discriminates against the rights of: life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness, the freedom of economic well being through the preservation of jobs within the nation, and the freedom of productive opportunity, is on the road to national suicide.
- Any nation that demoralizes its citizenry by limiting or eradicating freedom of speech, freedom to peacefully assemble, freedom of the press, freedom to peacefully petition the government for redress of grievances, freedom of religion, and the freedom to keep and bear arms, is on the road to national suicide.
- Any nation that prevents its duly constituted political citizenry the right to have their votes legitimately counted, does not preserve the privilege of one person-one vote in its elections, and ignores the principles of compromise, is politically corrupt and is on the road to national suicide.
A nation is its people. A free people determine their nation’s future.
What legacy will we leave our children?
Paul O. Iacono
Copyright © 2011- 2020, Deacon Paul O. Iacono – All Rights Reserved. Permission to reprint must be obtained from the author in writing. Students, and those interested, may quote small sections of the article as long as the proper credit and notation is given. Thank you.